DEDICATED TO : Our Lady of Mount Carmel
LOCATION : Diocese of Colombo
BEGAN IN : 1987
To infuse in the Christian community the spirit of the Beatitudes to become the Salt of the earth, and the Light of the world and thus be witnesses to the Risen Lord, radiating His Love, Peace and Joy. To achieve this end a spiritual and moral animation programme will be drawn up to form a Faith Community. The youth of the Parish will be the agents of this transformation through a well thought out Educative and Pastoral Plan .
To proclaim the Good News that the Lord reigns and He is alive…
1. Systematic Catechesis and youth activities.
2. Non-formal vocational training Centre for young men and women specially the school dropouts.
3. Formation of committed Catholics through pious associations and sodalities.
4. A centre for Marian devotion.
5. Recreational and cultural facilities for youth.
Postal Address :
Our Lady of Mount Carmel,
Hendala, Wattala – 11300,
+94 11 2931262 Parish
+94 11 2938999 Parish
DEDICATED TO : St. Sebastian
LOCATION : Diocese of Anuradhapura
BEGAN IN : 2001
Don Bosco, Nochchiyagama, Anuradhapura is a Parish that celebrates a living liturgy, more than a school it is now, a Home that welcomes, a Family that educates, a Playground for recreation, a Meeting place and a platform for service and a constant source of research for values which help in co-existence and co-operation.
To serve poor and abandoned youth :
1. Faith formation: to be light and salt of the region.
2. Cultural and Educational formation: to understand and make the cultural values ones own so as to incarnate in them the message of the Gospel. To impart an education both scholastic and technical to earn a decent livelihood.
3. Social formation: To help the young to take their place with dignity and play a role in the transformation of social life.
4. Artistic and Recreational formation to compete with the demands of today’s society.
5. Formation for Inter-religious dialogue and understanding.
6. Formation to true devotion to Mary.
Don Bosco Nochchiyagama is a Technical Centre which is commitment to young people, through social intervention.
Influx of refugees and displaced communities from areas of conflicts
find ample vacant land reserves in Nochchiyagama Secretarial Division.
Considering various security and other reasons Nochchiyagama has been chosen by the Salesians of Don Bosco instead of direct war zones to be the base for children and youth of the districts of Puttalam,
Trincomalee, Baticaloa, Ampara, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Jaffna, Killinochchi, Mulathivu, Mannar and Vavuniya.